Home     Archive     Tags     About        RSS
Ideas So Dumb, Only an Economist Could Believe Them
posted on: Wednesday, February 9th, 2011, 9:48
- None of the economic fundamentals matter, as long as the stock market is going up.
- The FED can buy a trillion dollars without printing money or increasing the money supply.
- You can solve the problem of too much debt by creating even more.
- Any economic problem can be solved by creating more money.
- The world will come to an end unless bankers get billions in bonuses.
- Ignore any economic data that disagrees with the way you think the economy is going.
- Ignore any data that disagrees with your theory.
- Spending as much money as possible is the key to prosperity.
- If the bankers get in trouble, just destroy the middle class to save them.
- The party doesn't end just because you've taken interest rates to zero.
- Always believe what a CEO says. They never lie.
- The financial industry requires little or no regulation.
- What's good for the country is lower interest rates.
- Read the newspaper every day, and act according to sentiment.
- When all the experts agree, bet on it.
© 2010-2012 Stefan Hollos and Richard Hollos
blog comments powered by Disqus